What is M22 Skin Rejuvenation?
Lumenis® M22™ provides an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment – light pulses move through the skin, creating heat and targeting skin imperfections in a controlled way. It also stimulates collagen and elastic fibres. it is designed to treat a wide range of skin conditions with a single handpiece and multiple filters. The common skin conditions that can be treated by Lumenis® M22™ Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatment:
- Skin discolouration and blemishes
- Spider veins and broken capillaries
- Visible signs of ageing
Who is suitable for M22 Skin Rejuvenation?
Male and female who is bothered by skin discolouration, hyperpigmentations, and other visible signs of ageing.
When it is not suitable
You should not have Lumenis® M22™ Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatment if you:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are receiving radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Have active infection on the treated area
- Have immunosuppressive disease
- Have a history of keloid scarring
- Have exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the 3-4 weeks prior to treatment
- Use of photosensitive medications and/or herbs that may cause sensitivity to laser light such as isotretinoin, tetracycline, or Accutane in the past 6 months
Speak with an experienced practitioner. Be sure that you are a suitable candidate prior to the treatment
Avoid direct sun exposure and wear daily sunscreen of SPF 50
Keep skin moisturised at all time
Makeup can be worn 24-48 hours after treatment
Avoid skin care products that contain benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A, Retinol, or glycolic acids
Avoid strenuous exercising, hot baths, showers or sauna in the first 24-48 hours
Usually, patients can expect to see a difference in hyper-pigmented lesions, vascular lesions, and overall skin texture after one treatment. For some patients, it may take a course of treatment to see the best results.
Yes. Makeup can be worn 24-48 hours after treatment.
Side effects are rare with Lumenis® M22™ Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatment. The common side effects after the treatment are flushed skin, the darker appearance of brown pigmented spots, and more visible capillaries. However, these immediate side effects will subside within a week.