About Thermage FLX
Thermage FLX is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that uses radiofrequency (RF) technology to tighten and contour the skin. It is an advanced version of the Thermage system, designed to address skin laxity and promote collagen production. Thermage FLX is often used for skin tightening on various areas of the body, including the face, neck, arms, and abdomen.
Thermage FLX utilizes RF energy to heat the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production and promoting tissue remodeling. This leads to skin tightening and improved texture over time. Thermage FLX is a non-surgical procedure that does not require incisions or downtime. Most patients can return to their normal activities immediately after treatment. The full effects of Thermage FLX develop gradually over several months as collagen continues to rebuild and remodel. Some immediate tightening may be noticeable after the treatment, but optimal results are typically achieved over time. The downtime for Thermage FLX treatment is minimal, most patients are able to resume their usual routine immediately after the treatment.
Who is suitable for Thermage FLX?
Male and female with below skin concerns:
- Facial lines (frown lines, crow’s feet, nasolabial folds, marionette lines)
- Sagging skin
- Jawline definition
- Lines under the eyes
- Double chin and neck lines
- Loose skin in body parts
You are not a suitable candidate for Thermage FLX Treatment if you:
- Have unrealistic expectations
- Have poor skin quality
- Have excessive photo damage
- Have severe elastosis
- Have poor fibroblast response & elastin production
- A chronic user of NSAIDs or corticosteroids
- Have Decreased nerve sensation
- Have a pacemaker, defibrillator, ICD, or any electronic implant
- Have heart disease and irregular heartbeat
- Are pregnant
- Have diabetes, hyperthyroidism, epilepsy, polio, coagulation disorders
You will require a consultation with your respective doctor at Yuchi Medical before having a Thermage FLX Treatment if you:
- have received gold therapy on the treated area
- have had fillers or botulinum toxins injection on the treated area
- your skin is prone to acne
- Has used Accutane (Isotretinoin) in the last 9 months
Thermage FLX has not been assessed for treatment on
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Patients with diabetes, autoimmune disease, herpes simplex, or epilepsy
- Patients with permanent makeup and/ or tattoos
Over dermal fillers
- Avoid sun exposure 2 weeks before the treatment.
- Avoid exfoliation skincare routines such as acid scrubs, exfoliation, etc., for two weeks
- One week before or on the treatment day is recommended to have HydraFacial or hydrating facial to boost the treatment results.
- Avoid having treatment during the menstruation period.
- Please come with bear skin on the treatment day itself
- Do not wear any jewellery during the treatment
- To limit sun exposure on the day of treatment, we recommend bringing a cap/hat and a pair of sunglasses.
- Avoid washing your face with too hot water for a week, and do not apply ice
- Avoid high-temperature environments (saunas or strenuous exercise with heavy sweating) for a week
- Eye Thermage Avoid wearing contact lenses for a week
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, and spicy food for a week
- Avoid harsh skin care products (granular cleansers, scrubs, alcohol, fruit acids) for two weeks
- Avoid injections of Botox and hyaluronic acid filling within one month
- Normal maintenance can be done on the day of treatment
- To strengthen moisturizing and repair after surgery, you can apply a moisturizing mask (3 times a week or more)
- Pay attention to sun protection (SPF50) can be used with umbrellas or hats
The results can be seen in one session and the results continue to improve in the 4-6 months after treatment. For most patients, the results of the treatment lasts up to 12 months. The results can vary between individuals depending on skin condition, age, genetics, lifestyle and diet.
Thermage FLX is a very well-tolerated treatment. The level of heat is checked throughout treatment and adjusted accordingly to ensure patient comfort.
Thermage FLX treatment takes between 30 and 90 minutes depending on the area treated. A full face Thermage Flx treatment takes around 90 minutes.
Thermange Flx treatment has minimal to no downtime. There may be mild redness or minor swelling at the treated areas which typically subsides within 24 hours after the treatment. Patients can usually return to their daily routine immediately after treatment.