About VISIA Skin Analysis
The VISIA skin and complexion analysis employs advanced multi-spectral imaging techniques to reveal damage and aging indicators present both on and beneath the surface of the skin, imperceptible to the naked eye. By utilizing cutting-edge IntelliFlash® and Canfield’s RBX® Technology, the Visia Skin Analysis identifies and visually presents various skin elements, culminating in an extensive report detailing your skin complexion. This tool enables us to illustrate the impact of diverse skin conditions, monitor treatment progress, and offer a comprehensive evaluation of your skin’s state, aiding us in suggesting the most appropriate skin rejuvenation procedures.
The scanning process of VISIA evaluates your skin’s pigmentation, pore size, and the presence of porphyrins, which indicate bacteria trapped in the pores. It also scans for UV spots, sun damage, texture irregularities, and wrinkles. By obtaining this analysis of your skin, we can compare its condition with others in your age group, allowing us to create a personalized treatment plan that addresses your specific requirements. Additionally, this assessment enables us to monitor your progress and the outcomes of the treatments over time, ensuring that we can adapt and optimize your skincare regimen accordingly.
What are the criteria you can analyse with VISIA Skin Analysis?
The Visia Skin Analysis possesses the capability to identify and evaluate eight distinct aspects of the skin:
- Spots: Various skin lesions, such as freckles, acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and vascular lesions, are categorized as spots. Visia distinguishes spots by detecting specific colors and their contrast against the background skin tone, typically appearing as circular shapes.
- Pores: Pores are the small circular openings on the skin’s surface. They appear darker than the surrounding skin due to the natural play of light. Visia identifies pores based on their circular shape and darker appearance.
- Wrinkles: Wrinkles are lines, folds, or creases that develop in the skin, often attributed to sun exposure and aging. Visia assesses wrinkles based on their prominence, taking into account facial expressions and indicating areas where wrinkles are most prevalent. This analysis is useful for individuals considering facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Texture: Texture analysis involves examining changes in color and shadow within the skin. Visia identifies peaks and valleys in the skin’s surface, highlighting them in yellow (peaks) and blue (valleys) to illustrate variations in texture.
- Porphyrins: Porphyrins are excretions produced by Propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria associated with acne. They can become trapped in pores, leading to acne breakouts. Visia employs UV light to detect and assess porphyrins, aiding in determining suitable acne treatments.
- UV Spots: These spots, usually invisible to the naked eye under normal light, serve as indicators of sun damage. UV spots occur when melanin collects beneath the skin surface due to sun exposure. Visia can detect and highlight these spots, allowing you to identify areas of sun damage.
- Red Areas: Redness on the face can result from various factors such as acne, rosacea, and spider neavi. It is caused by blood vessels and the presence of hemoglobin in the deeper layer of the skin called the papillary dermis. Visia employs RBX Technology to detect and analyze these red areas.
- Brown Spots: Brown spots refer to areas of hyperpigmentation where the skin appears darker than its surrounding normal skin. They include freckles, moles, and melasma, resulting from an excess of melanin produced by melanocytes in the bottom layer of the skin. Visia identifies and assesses these brown spots.
By evaluating these eight skin criteria, the Visia Skin Analysis enables a comprehensive understanding of your skin’s condition, assisting in the development of targeted treatment programs tailored to your specific needs. It also facilitates the tracking of progress and treatment outcomes over time.