What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a popular and safe treatment to improve dull, tired-looking skin and superficial wrinkles. It uses small needles to administer the cocktail of unique ingredients into the middle layer of the skin. The physical technique stimulates fibroblasts to produce new collagen and elastin. Hyaluronic acid, vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, growth factors, stem cells are the nutrients commonly used in mesotherapy. These ingredients are tailed to you leaving you with more hydrated skin with a rejuvenated surface.
Who is suitable for Mesotherapy?
Male and female with below skin concerns:
- Loss of glow
- Early signs of ageing
- Dehydrated skin
- Dark circles under the eyes
When it is not suitable
You should not have Mesotherapy treatment if you:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are receiving radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Have active infection on the treated area
- Have immunosuppressive disease
- Are allergic to numbing cream
- Are allergy or anaphylaxis
There are a range of Mesotherapy products that can often be combined to target different skin concerns:
Stylage®Hydrois specially formulated to treat skin that moderately lacks hydration. It improves skin elasticity, revitalises and rejuvenate the skin. Stylage®Hydro is injected into the superficial or deep dermis.
- 14 mg/ml sodium hyaluronate
RRS® HA Injectable
RRS® HA Injectable is specially formulated to supply the skin with exceptional hydration. It is a powerful and high-quality tool for skin anti-ageing regeneration and stimulation on mature skin.
- HA, non-cross-linked associated to:
- vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, E, B9,
- fatty acids: Oleic acid, Linoleic acid, Linolenic acid,
- coenzymes: NAD, NADP,
- antioxydants: Ascorbic Acid, Phytic Acid, Lipoic Acid, Taurine, Theanine, Chlorogenic Acid, Rosmarinic Acid, Tocopherol, Gallic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Caffeic Acid, etc.
- Polyphenols: Quercetin, Hesperidin, Resveratrol, Catechine, Epicatechine, Procyanidin, Pycnogenol, Rosmarinic Acid,
- amino acids: Arginine, Arginine Aspartate, Leucine, Valine, Levoglutamide, Taurine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Hydroxyproline, Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Theanine,
- trace elements: Ca, Cr, Cu, Zn, Fe, K, Mg, Mn, Na, P, Co, Se, Si,
- terpenes: Linalool, Limonene, etc.
Fillmed® NCTF135HA is a powerful tool that provides the dermis with the essential ingredients it needs. It stimulates the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid by boosting fibroblast activity which results in smoother, more radiant and deeply nourished skin.
- Non-crosslinked sodium hyaluronate polyrevitalising solution (non-animal)
- 12 Vitamins: Ascorbic acid (vit. C) Biotin (vit. B8) Pantothenic acid (vit. B5) Folic acid (vit. B9) Inositol (vit. I) Nicotinamide (vit. B3) Pyridoxine (vit. B6) Riboflavin (vit. B2) Thiamine (vit. B1) Tocopherol (Vit. E) Retinol (Vit. A) Vitamin B12.
- 6 Minerals: Calcium chloride, Potassium chloride Magnesium sulfate
- Sodium acetate, Sodium chloride, Sodium dihydrogen phosphate
- 5 Nucleic Acids: Deoxyadenosine, Deoxycytidine Deoxyguanosine Deoxythymidine 5-Methyl-2’-deoxycytidine
- 24 Amino Acids: α-Aminobutyric acid Alanine, Arginine Asparagine Aspartic acid Cysteine Glutamine Glutamic acid Glycine Histidine Hydroxyproline Isoleucine Leucine, Lysine Methionine Ornithine Phenylalanine Proline Serine Taurine Threonine Tryptophan Tyrosine Valine.
- 6 Coenzymes: TPP (Cocarboxylase), CoA (Coenzyme A), FAD (Flavine adenine dinucleotide) NAD (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) NADP (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate) UTP (Uridine triphosphate)
- Other: Glutathione, Polysorbate 80, Glucuronic acid, Glucuronic acid lactone, Glucosamine, Dextrose anhydrous
Avoid having treatment during menstruation
Avoid intake of alcohol, anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen
Speak with an experienced practitioner. Be sure that you are a suitable candidate prior to the treatment
Avoid direct sun exposure and wear daily sunscreen of SPF 50
Keep skin moisturised at all time
Makeup can be worn 24-48 hours after treatment
Avoid skin care products that contain benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A, Retinol, or glycolic acids
Avoid strenuous exercising, hot baths, showers or sauna in the first 24-48 hours
Usually, patients can expect to see a difference in overall skin texture after one treatment. However, Mesotherapy as treatment will not give lasting results and treatment should be carried out initially every 1-2 weeks. Some patients may need several mesotherapy sessions to get the desired effects, once the skin starts to improve, the treatments may be stretched out to once a month.
In order to achieve the best results, prior to the treatment, our practitioner will have a comprehensive consultation with patients to tailor a bespoke treatment plan. This involves discussion of treatment goals and signing of patient consent forms.
During each session, patients will have numbing medicine applied to the skin. Patients will be administered mesotherapy treatment using a special short needle. Patients are given the option of having the treatment administered either by hand or mechanical gun.
Mesotherapy is a safe procedure if performed by an experienced and certified practitioner. Patients may experience bruising or swelling at the injection site but it should last only for a few days.